STREAMLINED FEDERAL CONTRACTING
Small Business Administration (SBA) Tribal 8(a) Certification
SKT has multiple SBA 8(a) certified subsidiaries working across a range of NAICS codes. The SBA 8(a) program created streamlined procurement tools to incentivize Federal buyers to work with tribally owned companies. The most beneficial of these tools include eligibility for sole source 8(a) contracts and exemption from competitive thresholds.
Sole Source Advantages:
- Encouraged by FAR and DFARS [FAR 19.800(e); DFARS 219.803(2)]
- No requirement for competition [FAR 6.302-5(b)(4)]
- No requirement for synopsis [FAR 5.202(a)(4)]
- Cannot be protested [13 CFR 124.517(a)]
- Exempt from competitive thresholds
- DoD contract up to $100M: No sole source justification [2020 NDAA Section 823]
- Non-DoD contract up to $24M: No sole source justification [FAR 6.302-5(c)(2)(i)]
- Contract value counts toward agency’s SBA small business and 8(a) contracting goals
- Low risk through FAR compliance and DCAA audit oversight
- Procurement process is simplified and accelerated
Tribal 8(a) sole source procurements provide federal customers agile and scalable contracting solutions, including open discussions about the requirement and real-time price negotiations.
Streamlined Procurement Cycle:
Tribal 8(a) sole source procurements can be completed in weeks vice the months or years it takes to conduct a competition, providing federal customers with near immediate contracting solutions when timeframes are tight.
As a Tribal 8(a), we are allowed to use the past performance of sister companies and key
management personnel during the evaluation period of an award per FAR 15.305(a)(2)(iii).
5% Incentive Program:
DOD Contractors who offer subcontracts to Tribal 8(a) firms receive 5% of the total value of the
subcontract as an incentive per Section 504 of the Indian Financing Act of 1974 (25 U.S.C. § 1544). If a contract includes either of the following clauses, you are eligible to apply for a 5% subcontracting rebate under the Indian Incentive Program:
- 48 CFR 52.226-1 – Utilization of Indian Organizations and Indian-Owned Economic Enterprise
- DFAR 252.226-7001 – DoD Indian Incentive Program
When contracting with our 8(a) companies you can claim the following categories in your small business contracting plan:
- Small Business
- Native American/Tribal
- 8(a) Economically disadvantaged (13 CFR 124.109(a)(2))
Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
The HUBZone program helps small businesses in urban, rural, and tribal communities gain access to federal contracts. The Federal Government aims to award at least 3% of all federal prime contracts to HUBZone companies.
- Agencies can set-aside HUBZone contracts for only HUBZone-certified companies
- Agencies can sole-source contracts to HUBZone companies
- HUBZone companies may be eligible for a 10% price evaluation preference on full and open competitions.
S&K is committed to providing the highest quality services to our customers through total quality management to meet and exceed their expectations. Customer satisfaction is the most important element of our business and meeting customer needs through superior quality products and services is essential to the long-term survival and growth of S&K in a competitive marketplace.
We continuously and proactively manage and improve our processes by adhering to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
S&K’s quality approach is enterprise-wide and covers all functions of the organization. This system is based on process development, control, and continuous improvement. All procedures and functions are identified and assigned to the appropriate operational managers for implementation, execution, and oversight. Execution of these processes in day-to-day operations and activities is mandatory and followed diligently by our highly trained and skilled employees.
S&K‘s philosophy is to provide world-class, quality service. Regardless of the size of the effort, customer focus is paramount and customer satisfaction is vital. Through our quality approach, management capability, and risk management processes, S&K strictly adheres to our company goals:
- Focusing on Total Customer Satisfaction
- Encouraging and expecting the proactive involvement of all S&K Employees
- Thoroughly understanding our Customers’ requirements
- Providing exceptional services professionally and promptly
- Providing efficient, trouble-free and seamless customer-centric solutions
- Continually improving our products, services, and processes effectiveness that embody our Quality Management System, including capitalizing on improvement opportunities through Customer Feedback
Our Quality Policy is understood, implemented, and maintained at all organization levels, as well as reviewed periodically for its continuing suitability and effectiveness.