BIRD Foundation awards Adelos and Israeli-team member grant for Pipeline Disaster Prevention System
Adelos, Inc. (Polson, MT) was awarded a grant from the Binational Industrial Research and Development (BIRD) Foundation. Adelos was teamed with Israeli company 4Cast Systems (Petach Tikva, Israel). The two companies will develop technology to help detect and prevent pipeline disasters.
The announcement was made last month (December) in Tel Aviv, Israel, by the Board of Directors for BIRD. The Board approved $7.3 Million dollars to go to eight teams, consisting of U.S. and Israeli companies and organizations.
The BIRD Foundation promotes collaborations between U.S. and Israeli companies in various technological fields for the purpose of joint product development. In addition to providing conditional grants of up to $1 million for approved projects, the Foundation assists by working with companies to identify potential strategic partners and facilitate introductions.
Below are the eight teams that were awards grants
- 4Cast Systems (Petach Tikva, Israel) and Adelos Inc. ( Polson, MT) will develop an Upstream – Advanced Pipeline Disaster Prevention System.
- Compedia Software & Hardware Development Ltd. ( Ramat Gan, Israel) and Samaritan ‘ s Purse ( Boone, NC) will develop VolunteerVR – Virtual Reality Skills and Empowerment Tools for Disaster Relief Volunteers.
- HackerU Ltd. ( Ramat Gan, Israel) and JustCode I nc. (NY, NY) will develop Cyber Security and Coding Assessment Platform for Measuring and Enhancing Cyber Readiness and Tech Talent Competency.
- Juganu ( Rosh Ha’ayin, Israel) and Just Greens LLC ( Newark, NJ) will develop a Tunable White Spectrum SMART LED Based Fixture for Automated Horticulture Processes.
- Leviticus-Cardio Ltd. (Petach Tikva, Israel) and Jarvik Heart Inc. (NY, NY) will develop the Wireless Jarvik 2000® LVAD.
- Mitos Medical Ltd (Netanya, Israel) and FiberTech Medical Inc. ( Baltimore, Maryland) will design and manufacture a Surround Vision Scope.
- MS Tech Ltd. (Herzliya Pituach, Israel) and Tekwave Solutions Inc. ( Alpharetta, GA) will develop a Rapid Field Analysis of Chlorates, Perchlorates, Fentanyl and Synthetic Opioids using HF-QCM Nanotechnology Detection Sensors.
- Somatix Technologies Ltd. (Ra’anana, Israel) and Catholic Senior Housing and Health Care Services, Inc. ( Bethlehem, PA) will develop a Digital Health System, SafeBeing – ‘Aging in Place’ Lifestyle with Exceptional Peace of Mind.
For more information, see BIRD Press Release